Viva Decor Inka Gold – a revolutionary product that is part paint, part wax!
A polymer clay compatible product that produces an amazing metallic finish without any toxic chemicals. Because beeswax is one of the main ingredients, Viva Decor Inka Gold is safe and easy to use. Just rub it in and polish!
This amazing paint / wax bakes to a durable finish when applied to raw polymer clay. It can be applied to baked clay but it is recommended that a sealant be applied to prevent it from getting scratched.
It is excellent for refinishing or applying accents to furniture. Also great for wood, paper mache boxes, chipboards, acrylic, resin & metal pieces, for paper crafting and much more.
Viva Decor Inka Gold is available in a variety of colors. Using 2 or more colours on a piece adds depth.
- water based
- contains natural beeswax
- dries while polishing
- can be sealed
- polymer clay compatible
- weather and water resistant
Important – to avoid contaminating the product and to extend storage life, do not use it directly from the jar. Remove the amount of paste as needed with a clean palette-knife or similar. Putting fingers in the jar results in the product go mouldy.
Apply Viva Decor Inka Gold thinly with a sponge in a circular motion, applying and polishing simultaneously, depending on the colour intensity, in several thin coatings. You can achieve a patina effect by lightly wiping with Inka-Gold. It can also be applied with a brush, thinning with water if necessary.
To apply Viva Decor Inka Gold on hard-to-reach places, such as 3D-objects use a lightly moistened brush. Polish with a sponge when dried.
Techniques to try:
- Use a fingertip to apply lightly to textured polymer clay before baking. Bake then polish to a high gloss.
- Stencilling with Inka Gold – Place the stencil on a flat, smooth surface. Remove some Inka Gold from the tin with a clean spatula and wipe over the stencil, using a different sponge for each colour.
- It is possible to get a very nice crackle effect on polymer clay by applying Inka Gold to a sheet of raw clay, let dry completely and roll the sheet of clay on a thinner pasta machine setting.
- Suitable for use with silkscreens but be sure to drop them in water with a little detergent immediately after lifting. Clean them quickly and thoroughly or the product may dry in the screen and clog the mesh.
If Viva Decor Inka Gold becomes dried out, it can be reconstituted by adding a little water and leaving to sit for a few days.
This package contains one 62.5 gram (2.2 ounce) jar of Viva Decor Inka Gold.