Polymer Clay Master Class by Judy Belcher & Tamara Honaman
Polymer Clay Master Class explores process, technique and collaboration with 11 Master Artists. With contributors such as Leslie Blackford, Cynthia Tinapple, LIndly Haunami, Sarah Shriver and many others, you have a front-row seat to the world of innovative polymer clay art. Challenge your assumptions about methods, style, and collaboration and get ready to start your own creative journey!
In five lessons with 16 guided projects, you will gain an understanding of the polymer clay skills you’ve always wanted to master:
- Creating with sculpture, canework and imitative techniques;
- Altering the surface with carving, transfers, imprint and silk screening;
- Incorporating mixed media, such as metal, wood and fibre;
- Designing using cold connections, hollow and lightweight forms, kinetic construction and jewellery-finishing techniques;
- Pushing the boundaries of the Skinner Blend technique;
- Collaborating with fellow artists to open up new creative possibilities.
While Polymer Clay Master Class covers the very basics, it is also a book for the more experienced polymer artist. It takes you through advanced and new techniques which are explained and illustrated in beautifully depicted photographs.
Even artists and artisans with completely different styles of work have been influenced, challenged, moved, and inspired by the work of others. Each chapter focuses on the collaborative journey of a pair or trio of artists. It delves into the motivations and processes of each individual artist as they share a project that showcases their expertise, and then documents how their work is changed or influenced by working with other top polymer clay artists. The book features 15 projects by master artists such as Lindly Haunani, Sarah Shriver, Robert Dancik, Sandra McCaw, Cynthia Tinapple, Seth Savarick, Julie Picarello, Leslie Blackford, Wendy Wallin Malinow, Dayle Doroshow, and Judy Belcher.