ICE Resin® Iced Enamels – Amethyst
Iced Enamels are a custom-formulated, proprietary cold enamelling system for permanent adhesion of color on metal. ICE Resin®’s unique system of enameling powders, medium, and resin work cohesively to create a permanent, jeweller’s grade bond of colour and texture on all types of metals, including precious and base metals.
Iced Enamels to create beautiful effects on metal that look like kiln fired enamel:
- Lightly sand a metal bezel or blank.
- Apply a thin coat of ICED Enamels® Medium to the surface.
- Sprinkle Iced Enamels powder onto surface.
- Gently shake-off excess.
- Melt Iced Enamels powders with craft heat gun, first warming the metal from the underside as much as possible.
- Build up additional layers of Iced Enamels if desired.
- Let completely cool.
- Seal by applying a thin coat of Ice Resin with a disposable paint brush.
- Let dry 6 to 12 hours.
Design Tip for using Iced Enamels with Polymer Clay
Iced Enamels can also be used on polymer clay to add an interesting element to your projects.
- Mix it into the clay for a subtle effect.
- Sprinkle it on clay over a layer of Liquid Clay or ICED Enamels® Medium painted on the area you wish to “enamel”. Bake or cure your project. Heat with a heat gun and watch it expand and take on a whole new look! A protective layer of resin, Magic Glos or Liquid Clay is recommended to prevent the “enamel” from scratching off. If you chose to use liquid clay, cure the liquid clay with a heat gun. Some practice is recommended as too high temperature with the heat gun will burn the added elements in the Iced Enamels.
This package contains 7g of Iced Enamel in a single colour.