Fimo Leather Effect 179 Ochre Polymer Clay
- Fimo Leather Effect can be worked in a similar way to FIMO soft, FIMO Effect and Fimo Professional, but exact finished size should be considered as it shrinks slightly once baked.
You can cut FIMO Leather effect with scissors after hardening to obtain the desired size you require or trim you edges to a neat finish.
- The finish look of Fimo Leather Effect will become more obvious if you pull the clay apart evenly in different directions after rolling out. The further you pull the clay apart, the more obvious the leather effect will be.
- Colours can be combined with each other. Twisting them together gently will create a beautiful marbling effects. It’s also possible to create patterns and colour blends.Kneading your chosen colours together thoroughly will create a new solid colour.
- FIMO leather-effect can be combined with FIMO soft, Fimo Effect and Fimo Professional but it is worth noting the more of the other FIMO lines mixed with Fimo Leather Effect, the less pronounced the leather effect will be. This will also affect the flexibility of your hardened pieces.
- The leather look means fingerprints are less visible on FIMO leather-effect than other FIMO Polymer clay lines. You can avoid creating fingerprints by wearing gloves when you work. Remember to work in clothing that is not heavy with lint creating fibers and work in lighter coloured clothing.
To wipe away lint a small cotton bud can be used with rubbing alcohol.
- If the clay has become a little too hard to work, you can soften it by kneading with FIMO Mix Quick.
This can make the colour somewhat lighter and reduce the leather effect slightly. The more FIMO Mix Quick you add, the greater the impact will be.
Preheat your oven to 130°C / 266 °F (upper and lower heat). Check to ensure it is maintaining temperature, place your pieces in the oven and harden them for 30 minutes.
Since every oven is different, we recommend you use an oven thermometer to make sure nothing burns and your pieces don’t take on any undesirable colour. It’s important to control the temperature during hardening and ensure that you do not exceed the recommended temperature or baking time.
(FIMO should not be hardened in the microwave.)
Can FIMO pieces that have already been hardened be put back into the oven?
Staedtler recommend that FIMO leather‑effect is only cured once.